What will you find inside? Each box will have a curated and unique assortment of classic rock / indie rock / college rock / retro stuff, hand-selected from our fantastic pile of musical goodies housed at the Rockerzine office and offered to you from our wonderful RockBox partners!
- Bodan Kuma Records: “Unleashing Good Music” on the populace is the motto of this discerning LA upstart, from bright pop to future-facing singles and everything in between.
- Chronicle Books: The San Francisco-based independent publisher that “sees things differently” offering books, stationery and gifts as clever as they are cool.
- High Moon Records: NYC’s premiere boutique reissue label, bringing listeners essential releases from lesser known gems, cult legends and acknowledged music visionaries in optimum fidelity and with deluxe packaging.
- Quarto Books: The home to band bios as gorgeous as they are informative, including craveable tomes about The Who, Black Sabbath, Fleetwood Mac, The Doors, Bruce Springsteen and more.
- Rum Bar Records: Serving up the coolest and catchiest rock n’ roll, power pop, punk, garage and glam rock releases from their headquarters in Boston MA; home to The Connection, WATTS, Kurt Baker Band, Muck and the Mires and more.
Every box has a retail value of just about double what you pay, and may feature any or all of the following:
- Fresh, full-length CDs, vinyl, & downloadable music from our indie-label partners Rum Bar Records , Bodan Kuma Records and High Moon Records, along with a handful of additions from some of our favorite bands who are sending along recent releases just for you!
- Gorgeous band bios from our beloved book partner Quarto Press, rocking comics from Columbus’ fantastic Nix Comics, and other assorted high quality rock n’ roll reads – many of which we’ve reviewed in our pages in the past year!
- Kooky, musically themed fun stuff, vintage rock and roll goodies, plus a special little something from Chronicle Books – San Francisco’s #1 name in hip!
- “The Rockerzine Hit Machine,” featuring new and exclusive tracks from some of our favorite artists we’ve featured in Rocker!
Can you give me a peek at exactly what’s in the box?
We can’t tell you EVERYTHING – these are mystery-boxes after all! But we can tell you each box will include one of 2 nifty ultra-limited 7″ singles:
– EITHER –
The addictive self-released 7″ single from incisive pop / punk legend Robyn Hitchcock, soulfully strumming along with sugary sadcore chantuese Emma Swift on their double a-side 45 “Love is a Drag” b/w “Life Is Change“.
“Everything you want, crashes like a car,” sing Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift on “Love Is A Drag,” the deliciously bittersweet celebration of ardor and adoration that marks their second 7 inch release as a duo and Hitchcock’s first new music in more than two years. Robyn and Emma’s vocals intertwine beautifully, suspending time, leaving you hanging on each lyric as if in a trance. Life might be change, love a drag, but these two songs are gorgeous.” – Kevin Cole, KEXP
– OR –
A fresh copy of glam-punk legends The New York Dolls’ “Personality Crisis / Trash (1973 Mercury demos)” First time on a single- the 1973 Paul Nelson- produced demos of the band’s top two smash hits from Norton Records on dreamy pink vinyl!
“[These tracks] sound so different it’s like hearing them for the first time…The Dolls were unique, a conglomeration of personality, style, dirty chops, rock’n’blues knowledge, and molten lead power. This is the duct-tape-held-together side of it, and it’s a hoot.” – AppleMusic
Both represent an amazing rock n roll value, and give the bonus of no waiting in lines at your local record store on Record Store Day, only to be disappointed if/when they sell out!
Finding out about new music and keeping up to date with your old favorites can feel like a slog. Seriously, who has the time? The Rockbox makes being in the know easy, affordable and fun for you, or for a music loving pal or relative.
Treat yourself to a bit of rock and roll fun: Limited to 100, when they’re gone, they’re gone!
Got more questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got your own label, have a band, or are you making a cool item you want to be considered for a future RockBox?
Email us at email@example.com
PS Don’t worry about getting a bunch of third-rate junk. We spent months sourcing the stuff in this box for you, and we stand behind them with our 100% money back guarantee.